The best shipbuilding & maritime IT Venture Company with satellite-based technology in KoreaSUNCOM leads Smart Ship & e-Navigation vessel 4S maritime communication.
SUNCOM was established in Busan, the maritime capital of Korea, for shipbuilding & maritime IT business, and now owns a lot of source technologies
and related patents such as vessel monitoring using satellite communication and 4S communication data processing technology.
With such technologies, SUNCOM is small but powerful shipbuilding & maritime IT Venture Company which continuously tries to establish maritime safety and improvement of crew IT welfare with young and challenging sprits.
- Venture Company, Shipbuilding Maritime IT affiliated Research Center, Promising Small & Middle Sized Export Company, ISO9001:2000
- Patent on e-navigation system for small & medium size vessel to prevent maritime distresses and accidents
- Patent on Maritime Accident Safety Management System, Ship Power Line Communication Network, and etc.
Major Service Experiences
- Established the IT network system for a new vessel under construction for MSC (Mediterranean Shipping Company) of Swiss. (Started 1998)
- Design, Consulting, Installation, Commissioning, & Maintenance of Ship IT Network System
- Established submarine optical fiber cable protection system (LTE-M based remote video monitoring, RADAR, AIS based monitoring, tracking of monitoring vessels.)
- Established system for LRIT Suitability Test designated by Ministry of Oceans
- Fisheries and deep-sea fishing vessel’s fishery monitoring system (Fisheries Monitoring Center of Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries)
- Established u-based Vessel and Crew Safety Management System for National Information Society Agency (NIA), Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries, and City of Busan.
- Established satellite communication e-mail system for icebreaking vessel ‘Araon’, oil drilling ship ‘Doosung’
- Established e-fishery recording system for vessels entering Russia for Korea Squid Jigging Association.